- Parent as Teachers/Lead Parent EducatorJobID: 10153
- Position Type:
First Steps/Parent Educator Home Visitor
- Employment Days:
195 days (prorated for the remainder of 2021-22 school year)Salary:
$34,431 – Grant Funded
Work hours to be determined by supervisor
Lead Parent Educator Home Visitor Application Requirements
Required documents MUST be scanned and uploaded in APPLITRACK. Documents will not be accepted otherwise. Your application must be complete for review, incomplete applications will NOT be reviewed.
Bachelor degree from an accredited college in Early Childhood Education, Behavioral or Social Sciences or a related field. Individual programs may include additional requirements or alternative educational requirements that they find appropriate and acceptable. Three years of supervised experience working with children ages birth to five and their families. Must earn successful completion of the Model Implementation and Foundational Curriculum Certification upon hire through Parents as Teachers National Center and have prior experience with home visitation programs.
Complete and submit online application along with the required documents listed below:
- Letter of Interest
- Copy of official transcripts verifying a college degree from an accredited college with emphasis n Early Childhood, Behavioral/Social Sciences or a closely related field must be uploaded. Additionally, original official transcripts are required to be submitted within 2 weeks of hire date.
- Negative TB test results under 1 year old. BCSD strongly encourages all applicants to upload their TB test results. If the applicant has not completed the test, he/she will be required to upload a word document acknowledging that the results will be uploaded as soon as the test is completed. Please Note: A delay in submitting TB test results will postpone the onboarding process. (If selected for a position)
Applicants will be notified within 3 weeks if selected for an interview. Please do not contact the district regarding an interview status.
Depending on the volume of applications received, all applicants may not be interviewed for this position. Applicants may be considered for multiple vacancies.
Contact the First Steps for questions regarding the position. If applying for multiple vacancies applicants may be asked to upload duplicate materials.
For technical assistance due to application errors please click on the below link.
Berkeley County Frist Steps, a youth-based learning organization, is in search of a dynamic, experienced, and motivated Technical Assistance Specialist (Quality Coach) to join its growing team of difference makers!
Purpose of Position: To support and facilitate quality improvement activities with programs in Quality Enhancement/Quality Counts. These activities may include offering technical assistance (through on-site visits, telephone and e-mail contacts), writing quality improvement grants for financial awards, and support meetings. To support participating programs with specialized trainings on best practice and evidenced-based research.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a productive relationship/partnership with the program director based on mutual respect and trust.
- Support program directors with completing paperwork and collecting evidence required before the classroom assessment is completed.
- Deliver the Star Rating report.
- Guide the program director to develop a Quality Improvement Plan with mutually agreed upon goals that are designed to support quality improvement.
- Coach, mentor, and consult with directors and staff as needed through the continuous quality improvement loop.
- Must be a Certified Technical Assistance Provider Generalist One (G1 or greater) or possess the Education/Experience/Recommendation to become certified as outlined below:
- Generalist One (G1) Certified Tap
- AA in Early Childhood Education with at least 21 hours of ECE
- Bachelor or higher degree in major other than Early Childhood Education/Child
Development with at least 12 hours of core ECE coursework
- Minimum of two years of professional experience with young children in an early
childhood education setting
- Two letters attesting to technical assistance skills and experience
- Generalist Two (G2) Certified Tap
- Bachelor or higher degree in Early Childhood Education/Child Development or
Degree with other major and at least 18 hours of core ECE coursework
- Minimum of two years of professional experience with young children in an early childhood education setting
- Two letters attesting to technical assistance
- Would consider a Tap Mentor for the candidate with exceptional experience.
- Must be knowledgeable of research-based theory, best practice-methodology of coaching principles, and current child care policy issues.
- Must have strong written, oral communication skills, and good command of WORD and computer skills
- Prefer SC certified trainer status, training in ASQ-3 and ERS
- 32-35 hours/week. Your work week and hours which could include weekends and evenings should be arranged around the most productive hours to work with childcare providers in their setting. There is the potential an increase in hours in the future based on caseload.
- Driving is required with occasional overnight stays related to conferences and/or training. Travel is reimbursed at $.535/mile and state meal and lodging rates.
- Compensation will be in the range of 30K.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
Please submit resumes to Ivory Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Bids are being solicited by the Berkeley County First Steps Partnership Board for the provision of Parents As Teachers, an evidence-based home visitation program for families of children prenatal through age 5. The vendor will provide home visitations, group connections, screenings, and service coordination to Berkeley County families in compliance with both First Steps and national model guidelines. The deadline for submittals is April 22rd at 2:00 PM. To request a copy of the bid, please contact Stephanie Cook at 843-607-1448. Bids will be opened publicly on April 22nd at 3:00 PM at 6215 Murray Blvd., Room 114, Hanahan, SC 29410.
House of Smiles (Monck’s Corner, SC) is seeking an Early Childhood Educator (teacher) for their Early Head Start classroom to provide care for children birth-three years of age. This is fulltime position (40 hours/week) that pays $10.57/hour and offer paid holidays. Interested candidates must be able to collaborate with other staff to provide high quality care and education in a mixed-age classroom of 8 infants-toddlers.
Interested candidates must have an Infant-Toddler CDA, Associates in Early Childhood or Bachelor’s in Early Childhood (THIS IS A REQUIREMENT).
– Lesson planning and curriculum implementation
– Creating and maintaining a safe, stimulating environment
– Conducting home-visits and parent-teacher conferences
– Communicating effectively with other staff in the program (co-teacher, director, teacher mentor etc.)
Interested and qualified candidates, please send your resume to Dr. Jerlean Holmes (director) at email@example.com. Candidates may drop off resume in person at the center- 210 Carolina Ave, Monck’s Corner, SC 29461
Berkeley County First Steps
Adrienne Troy-Frazier, Executive Director
Fishburne Educational Center
6215 Murray Drive
Hanahan, SC 29410
Telephone : 843-863-3030
Fax : 843-863-3028