BCFS is a Statewide Initiative to Prepare Young Children for School and a Lifetime of Learning Beyond
The mission of the Berkeley County First Steps Partnership Board is to improve the early childhood development of Berkeley County children by providing resources and leadership to assist families in preparing their children to reach school healthy and ready to succeed through community partnerships and collaboration. Meet our new Executive Director.
Learn about our impact in the community. Download our FY ’12 Annual Report.
How we prepare young children for school and a lifetime of learning:
- Providing improved childcare and early education opportunities
- Expanding and improving healthcare
- Strengthening families through parenting skills programs
Our Partnership Board
- Board Chair: Donna McQueen, Esq
- Michelle Green, Early Childhood
- Marcia Thierse, DSS
- Linda Fontaine,Kelly Services/Substitute Teacher
- Brenda Campbell, Director of New Life Christian Academy
- Betty Pressley, Head Start Appointee
- Jocelyn Clark-Quiggle, BCSD Appointee
- Melissa Miller, DHEC
- Lindsay Odell, Parent
- Dr. Simone Chinnis, Healthcare
- Megan Andreas, Parent/Finance
- Sharon Thomas, Business
Next Board Meeting
2/8/21, 6:30 PM, virtually (contact us for link)
Board Meetings Are Open to the Public. Board Minutes are available to the public upon request in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act.